TT – Tuesday Talk-Points (Weekly message from Pastor Paul)
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Welcome to another edition of TT – Tuesday Talk-points.
- Registrations are coming in for Christmas Eve worship. Please contact the church office (218-546-6010) or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the 2pm, 4pm, or 8pm service. If those services fill up, we will think about adding an additional service that day. Remember, you can always stay in your car and “attend” from there, as services are broadcast on FM 88.1 in the vicinity of the church building. I know… it’s weird….. but so are these times we live in.
- This Sunday is Celebration Sunday – a time to return your stewardship “investment plan.” If you are unable to attend this Sunday, please bring/mail your investment plan to the church office. Thankful for all the blessings of God, and for all the ways YOU are a blessing to the life and mission of Christ at Immanuel!
- The Tuesday food truck giveaway continues to be a great success. Thanks to Mabel Semler for organizing the community food-box give away in our church parking lot each Tuesday.
- Looking (way!) ahead – we are hoping to have our next Manna for Malawi at The Bridge in August of 2021. Hopefully, we will be able to socially gather by then! The Johnny Holm Band is booked and ready to go! Stay tuned.
- Our focus Scripture for this second Sunday in Advent is Mark 1:1-8. Here are some questions for personal reflection – or to discuss with others:
- What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
- Who is the wildest preacher you have ever heard? How did you respond to their message?
- Why is John the Baptist story so important to the story of Jesus?
- What purpose do you see in Jesus’ baptism and temptation? How would these events prepare him for his public ministry?
- John the Baptist “prepared the way of the Lord.” Who prepared the way of the Lord in your life?
God bless you today, and everyday!
Immanuel Lutheran Church
TGIF-Thank God It’s Friday! And Thank God I’m Forgiven! (Weekly message from Pastor Paul)
Friday, December 4, 2020
Here are some things to be thankful for:
- How blessed we are in Christ! For a reminder, please read Ephesians 1:3-14 – out loud!
- The opportunity to steward the financial blessings we have been given – no matter how big or little – we are called and encouraged to give a portion back to God. Whether that is through the church, or in some other way, we are called to be faithful managers of all that God has given us. Celebration (Stewardship) Sunday is this Sunday at church. Contact the church office if you need this year’s stewardship materials.
- The life and faith of Steve Barber, who passed away this past week. Please keep spouse Cheryl and family in your prayers.
- Jim and Judy Christenson who donated some Aloe Vera cuttings for people to pick up at church this weekend. The cuttings will be available on a table in the Fellowship Hall area this Sunday.
- The sunshine and unseasonably (above average anyway!) warm weather!
Stay well and take care!
Immanuel Lutheran Church