TT – Tuesday Talk-Points (Weekly message from Pastor Paul)
Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Welcome to another addition of “TT” – “Tuesday Talk-points.”
- So far, we have had two smooth Sundays of re-opening the church for weekly worship. Our attendance was down a bit this past weekend, which is typical for a 4th of July weekend. It was a blessing to have Churchyard again at church to provide special music for the service. Thanks to everyone who has planned and prepared to insure our Sunday worship experience is meaningful and safe as possible.
- Jill and I are new owners of a used pick-up truck and camper trailer. We used to enjoy camping with the kids with a pop-up trailer, but now purchased a hard-shell that is a bit easier to set-up. Our maiden voyage is this coming weekend to attend a family gathering and funeral in Wisconsin. Pastor Claudia Tessmer will preside and preach at worship services this Sunday.
- We are re-thinking our plans for Manna for Malawi benefit concert fundraiser in August at the Woodtick Inn, in light of the current state gathering guidelines for the virus. The planning team meets on Sunday to discuss and decide. In any case, we will have some kind of fundraising appeal/silent auction items on line/ raffle prizes, etc. to raise funds for the Malawi Orphan Care Project. The need remains great – to feed the children and keep them in school. More to come….
- Our focus Scripture this weekend is Romans 8:1-11. Here are some questions for personal reflection and/or to discuss with others:
- When you were young, who caused you to change your behavior by their powerful influence?
- Who or what influences you the most in: The clothes you wear? The music you listen to? Your values?
- From verses 1-4, how would you explain the Gospel to someone who feels they are not “good enough” for God?
- In verse 5-11, what does Paul say about the option Christians have in living their life?
- From these verses, what role doe the Spirit play in our Christian walk?
Hope and pray you make the most of this day, and every day!
Immanuel Lutheran Church
TGIF-Thank God It’s Friday! And Thank God I’m Forgiven! (Weekly message from Pastor Paul)
Friday, July 10, 2020
Thank God It’s Friday! And Thank God I’m Forgiven!
Here are some things to be thankful for:
- Meal with a Mission – coming up July 19 to benefit our Vacation Bible School. VBS will certainly look different this year as we are planning for mostly at-home activities. If you would like to help prepare and serve the take-out meal, please contact the church office.
- Our monthly newsletter – please be looking in the mail for some correspondence from the church office about that, and how you would prefer to receive it.
- “As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” (Isaiah 55:10-11)
“Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Ephesians 5:20)
Immanuel Lutheran Church