Welcome to another edition of TT – Tuesday Talk-points. July 27 (Weekly message from Pastor Paul)
- The August newsletter is now available for reading on our website www.immanuelcrosby.org.
- Special thank you to all who helped with the Lisa Finnerty funeral last Friday. Many people attended the funeral and the meal that followed. Thanks to everyone who extended hospitality and care for the family and friends of Lisa. It was truly the Body of Christ in motion.
- The youth group meets at the parsonage tomorrow for a summer gathering at the lake. If too hot outside, we will move inside for our meal and group games and activities.
- The Manna for Malawi planning team meets this Thursday evening. We still are welcoming silent auction items and volunteers to help during the event. Auction items can be brought to the church office, volunteers can sign-up at the table in the bookstore area of the fellowship hall. Manna for Malawi is Sunday, August 15 from 2pm-6pm at The Bridge Tavern north of Crosby. The Johnny Holm Band will perform and a pulled pork dinner will be provided by The Bridge Tavern. Free-will donation.
- The Scripture for this coming Sunday is John 6:24-35 (Jesus being the Bread of Life). We will actually be having three weeks of “bread” texts from John’s Gospel, so look for some “bread samplings” for coffee fellowship time on Sunday these next few weeks (sorry about the carbs!). Here are some questions for personal discussion or to discuss with others:
- What type of bread are you today? All natural? Organic? Rye? Moldy? Crusty? Fresh? Easy to butter up?
- Why are the crowds still searching for Jesus?
- How does Jesus’ response to their question show the difference between his interests and theirs?
- What does the crowd ask Jesus to do in order that they may believe in him?
- How does Jeus use their interest in food to illustrate what he wants them to understand? What are the similarities and differences between manna and the “bread of life?”
Hope you make the most of this day, and every day!
Immanuel Lutheran Church
TGIF-Thank God It’s Friday! And Thank God I’m Forgiven! July 30 (Weekly message from Pastor Paul)
Thank God It’s Friday! And Thank God I’m Forgiven!
Here are some things to be thankful for:
- A good youth night at the parsonage on Wednesday – a nice warm night to be in the lake!
- For all who have contributed silent auction items for the upcoming “Manna for Malawi” benefit concert and meal on Sunday, August 15 from 2-6pm at the Bridge Tavern north of Crosby.
- For the life and faith of Dick Nortin (good friend of Paul and Judi Burson, and attended worship and Bible studies at Immanuel) whose funeral will be Monday at Koop Funeral Home.
- For everyone who has (or will!) contribute in providing school supplies for students this Fall. Donations can be brought to church or to the high school office.
- For the anticipation of a successful time of Family Vacation Bible School which starts on Monday August 2 at 5:30pm. Welcome to all!
“Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Ephesians 5:20)
Immanuel Lutheran Church