TT – Tuesday Talk-Points (Weekly message from Pastor Paul)
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Welcome to another edition of “TT – Tuesday Talk-points.”
- We are off to a good start with our Fall Learning event – “How to Pray – A Simple Guide for Normal People.” If you do not have a book yet, you can come to the church building during office hours and pick up a copy and a participant’s guide.
- We give thanks for the life and faith of Ron Weber, who passed away last week unexpectedly, and whose funeral was Monday at Koop Funeral Home. Ron is the Son of member Shirley Weber.
- What a busy weekend of ministry at Immanuel! Two baptisms on Saturday, in addition to a wedding. Good attendance at church and Sunday School. A good turnout for the Meal With a Mission for our BeFriender Ministry training, raising over $1500. Thank you all who contributed!
- We will need some volunteers to deliver five food boxes to local families on Wednesday, October 7. If you can help, please contact the church office.
- The Cuyuna Lakes Ministerial churches have decided to bless the school staff each month with snacks for the break room. Our turn will be coming up in October on Wednesday the 14th. If you are interested in helping with this mission, please contact the church office.
Hope you make the most of today, and every day! 😊
Immanuel Lutheran Church
TGIF-Thank God It’s Friday! And Thank God I’m Forgiven! (Weekly message from Pastor Paul)
Friday, September 25, 2020
God It’s Friday! And Thank God I’m Forgiven!
Here are some things to be thankful for:
- But He said to me, “My grace is enough for you; for my strength and power are made perfect and show themselves most effective in your weakness.” (2nd Corinthians 12:9)
- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
- You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:11)
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4)
“Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Ephesians 5:20)
Immanuel Lutheran Church