. . . . in Energy Assistance
Lutheran Social Service is announcing to residents of Crow Wing County that applications for the 2021/2022 Energy Assistance Program are now available in their office. Applications are accepted September 21 through May 31, 2022. Eligibility is determined via a written application.
• Heat and electric grants are available for renters or homeowners and are based on household size, income, fuel type, and energy usage.
• Income guidelines are at or below 50% of the state median income.
• Assets are not counted.
• Homeowners may also be eligible for emergency furnace repair or replacement.
• Households with a member that is 60 years of age or older may be eligible for additional funding if they have a current or past due bill they can’t afford to pay. Call our office for more information.
• No appointments are necessary.
Call with questions or to request an application. A Drop Box is located on the backside of the East Brainerd Mall at: 716 E St., Brainerd, MN 56401 as the office is closed.
• 218-829-5000 or toll free at 1-800-829-5902. Blank applications are available next to the drop box.
(If you do not live in Crow Wing County, call 1-800-657-3710 to find out where to apply in your county.)
HOME PRAYER TEAM
If you feel called to be a part of this ministry of prayer, contact Elaine at 218-546-6010 or cell phone 612-309-0191. This group has committed to pray for the needs of our church family, the community and beyond. If you have a prayer need or request, please let us know, and we will also add you to our prayers. You are also welcomed to share answered prayers & what God is do-ing in your life….. this gives joy and encouragement to all of us.
Elaine Karel, Member Ministry Coordinator