Please scroll down to see all openings.
IMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH
HANDBELL CHOIR DIRECTOR
VISION: To work closely with the Pastor, Worship Coordinator and Member Volunteers as well as our children to help create and maintain a healthy Adult Handbell Choir and Chapel Chimers Ministry for our congregation.
REPORTS TO: Worship Coordinator
- Establish Adult Handbell Choir and Chapel Chimers monthly schedules, selecting music and special events (i.e. Christmas, Easter, etc.) for the year with the Worship Coordinator, Pastor and Tech person
- Recruit and train bell members
- Regular status meetings with supervisor to discuss and resolve any issues
- Each position must be seen as part of the larger ministry team at Immanuel.
- To be part of the larger ministry team at Immanuel.
- To be responsible to promote and model unity, harmony, and healthy communication and respect with other staff members and members of the congregation in the ongoing life and mission of the faith community.
- Be active in the life of the congregation (if they are a member here) and to grow as a disciple of Christ.
- To be an advocate for the life, mission and ministries of Immanuel.
- Complete annual review process each year.
- Knowledge of music and able to accompany groups and individuals as needed
- Able to pass a background check
- Be able to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement music and events for worship services
- Exhibits initiative and responsibility
- Ability to work Sundays, funerals, weddings, and/or other special activities during the church calendar
- Set-up and tear down of equipment before and after each service
- Maintain upkeep of bells and chimes
- Submit reports as needed i.e.. monthly newsletter, annual reports, etc.
- Schedule Hallelujah Bell Choir and Chapel Chimer practices.
- Review the church liturgical book for scriptures & music for Sunday performance
- Order music, stand lights, gloves, polish, tabs etc. from Jeffers Handbell Supplies.
- Recruit ringers for full or part-time positions
- Teach new recruits.
Please contact the church office at 218-546-6010 or email@example.com for more information.