Please scroll down to see all openings.
IMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY COORDINATOR
VISION: Partner with the pastor in celebrating the many milestones (Baptism, First Communion, etc.) of the chil-dren. Educate, develop and implement all aspects of a balanced Children’s and Family Ministry for children ages three through sixth grade, and their families. Build relationships and become visible to the children, their families and the congregation.
REPORTS TO: Pastor of the Congregation
• Be an advocate for children in the congregation.
• Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced children’s ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, outreach, and building Christian relationships with each other with the assistance of the pastor, using the Faithwebbing and Outcome-Based Ministry models.
• Complete annual review process.
• To be part of the larger ministry team at Immanuel.
• To be responsible to promote and model unity, harmony, and healthy communication and respect with other staff members and members of the congregation in the ongoing life and mission of the faith community.
• Be active in the life of the congregation (if they are a member here) and to grow as a disciple of Christ.
• As a staff member, each staff member becomes an advocate for the life, mission and ministries of Immanuel.
• Be considered a member of the staff and attend staff meetings when possible.
• Help the children and their families feel safe and secure in ministry activities.
• Communicate and interact with church staff and congregation.
Able to pass a background check.
Be able to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement activities and events along with the pastor to help meet goals of our children’s ministry.
Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
Have a heart for listening and caring for children, youth and parents.
Encourage applicant to become a member and disciple of Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, leadership, punctuality, dependability and reliability.
Ability to delegate duties and responsibilities, as needed.
Be music and tech savvy.
• Love the children and youth where they are.
• Encourage children, youth and parents in building their relationship with Jesus Christ and with others.
• Provide children and their parents with opportunities for growth, nurture, and faith development with the assis-tance of the pastor.
• Challenge children and their parents to respond to God’s call to serve in their church, their communities, and the world.
• Educate the children in accordance with significant Christian events throughout the year according to our church’s beliefs.
JOB DUTIES CONT.
Challenge children and their families to respond to God’s call to serve in their church, their communities, and the world.
Educate the children and their families about significant Church events throughout the year.
Annually develop, coordinate and implement Vacation Bible School for children & their families.
Work with the children and Sunday School Team.
Promote, develop and implement plan for Faith at Home components with the pastor and other church members.
Be involved with children’s milestones in a way to build relationships and become visible to children and their fami-lies.
Nursery scheduling of adult helpers
Recruit and train volunteers, as needed.
Solicit the support and assistance from church members with activities and functions for children in the congregation.
Other duties as assigned.
IMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH
HANDBELL CHOIR DIRECTOR
VISION: To work closely with the Pastor, Worship Coordinator and Member Volunteers as well as our children to help create and maintain a healthy Adult Handbell Choir and Chapel Chimers Ministry for our congregation.
REPORTS TO: Worship Coordinator
- Establish Adult Handbell Choir and Chapel Chimers monthly schedules, selecting music and special events (i.e. Christmas, Easter, etc.) for the year with the Worship Coordinator, Pastor and Tech person
- Recruit and train bell members
- Regular status meetings with supervisor to discuss and resolve any issues
- Each position must be seen as part of the larger ministry team at Immanuel.
- To be part of the larger ministry team at Immanuel.
- To be responsible to promote and model unity, harmony, and healthy communication and respect with other staff members and members of the congregation in the ongoing life and mission of the faith community.
- Be active in the life of the congregation (if they are a member here) and to grow as a disciple of Christ.
- To be an advocate for the life, mission and ministries of Immanuel.
- Complete annual review process each year.
- Knowledge of music and able to accompany groups and individuals as needed
- Able to pass a background check
- Be able to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement music and events for worship services
- Exhibits initiative and responsibility
- Ability to work Sundays, funerals, weddings, and/or other special activities during the church calendar
- Set-up and tear down of equipment before and after each service
- Maintain upkeep of bells and chimes
- Submit reports as needed i.e.. monthly newsletter, annual reports, etc.
- Schedule Hallelujah Bell Choir and Chapel Chimer practices.
- Review the church liturgical book for scriptures & music for Sunday performance
- Order music, stand lights, gloves, polish, tabs etc. from Jeffers Handbell Supplies.
- Recruit ringers for full or part-time positions
- Teach new recruits.
Please contact the church office at 218-546-6010 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.