. . In Monthly Council Minutes . . .
IMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH Council Meeting Minutes Tuesday, May 21, 2022, 6:30 p.m.
(- ) Jerry DeCent, box 50 ( X ) Pastor Paul Mattson
( X ) Nancy Evans, box 61 ( X ) Tom Nixon, box 07
( X ) Bonnie Goshey, box 36 (X ) Peter Nordell, box 222
( X ) Deb Koop, box 114 ( X) David Pundt, box 295
( X ) Kevin Martini, box 213 ( X ) Sue Schubert, box 43
CALL TO ORDER
ACCEPTANCE OF AGENDA
Nancy Moved to accept. Tom seconded. Motion passed unanimously
CELEBRATING THE JOYS OF IMMANUEL
Great to hear the Bells practicing. Packed house at the 9AM service Blessing of graduates. Picnic at Nordell’s with good times and food. Planning for Manna for Malawi is going well. Family ministry is off to a great start, Jill is doing great.
DEVOTIONS – Chapter 7: “Gratitude” from the book Learning to Lead Like Jesus by Boyd Bailey
This month: Pastor Paul Next month: Tom Nixon
REVIEW & ACCEPTANCE OF FINANCIAL REPORTS FROM APRIL
A motion was made by Tom to accept the financial reports for May 2022. David seconded. Motion passed unanimously
DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS ON THE MINUTES FROM APRIL
Approved previously via email.
1. COMMITTEE REPORTS – Malawi committee said planning is going well, will likely be renting the stage again. Personnel will meet monthly, discussed nursery attendant needs with Jill D, custodian contract doing well, reported very clean, and working on communicating the schedule.
2. FINANCIAL AUDIT UPDATE – Deb Koop talked to Jay Bock, discussed going back 6 months and give suggestions. Looking to address this in August, and likely start then.
3. GRINNELL MUTUAL REINSURANCE CO. RISK SUMMARY UPDATE – Have needed fire extinguisher, Dave P and Don I will take care of railing, Mike Jola power washed deck and will stain.
4. PARKING LOT MAINTENANCE UPDATE – Kevin motion 2nd Bonnie to accept low bidder, Anderson Brothers$4071.53 paid from undesignated savings area of greatest need. Passed unanimously
1. DISCUSSION OF WORKERS COMP AUDIT- AUDIT WAS SENT IN, NO RESPONSE YET.
2. WINDOW BIDS@ PARSONAGE- TOM MOTION PETER 2ND TO PROCEED WITH Y-KNOT RANCH FOR WINDOW REPLACEMENT TO BE PAID FROM CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT FUND. PASSED UNANIMOUSLY.
3. PATH OF HOPE CONCEPT FOR SIGNING DISCUSSED BY JILL M, COUNCIL OFFERED SUPPORT AND AWAIT OUTCOME OF GRANT REQUEST.
4. DISCUSSED THE NEED FOR REPLACE/REPAIR LAPTOP FOR FAMILY MINISTRY, AND COUNCIL REQUESTED TO UTILIZE EXISTING EQUIPMENT UNTIL REPLACEMENT CYCLE ALLOWS FOR NEW UNIT.
THE LORD’S PRAYER
Next meeting set for July 19th, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.