. . In Monthly Council Minutes . . .
IMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH Council Meeting Minutes Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 6:30 p.m.
( – ) Jerry DeCent, box 50 ( X ) Pastor Paul Mattson
( X ) Nancy Evans, box 61 (X ) Tom Nixon, box 07
( X ) Bonnie Goshey, box 36 (X ) Peter Nordell, box 222
( X ) Deb Koop, box 114 ( X) David Pundt, box 295
( X ) Kevin Martini, box 213 ( X ) Bonnie LaPierre, box 119
CALL TO ORDER
ACCEPTANCE OF AGENDA
Nancy added Church e-mail issues (NB#2) and QuickBooks Discussion (NB#5) Pastor Paul added Compensation for training new Worship Coordinator (NB#3) and Window Replacement (NB#4). Bonnie G moved and Kevin seconded to accept the amended agenda. Motion carried unanimously.
READING OF THE VISION STATEMENT & MISSION STATEMENT
A vibrant, diverse, and healthy community of faith where lives are changed by God’s love, given in Jesus Christ; Where people of all ages are invited and challenged to become followers of Jesus Christ in their daily lives; Where real people experience healing, help, hope and harmony.
Immanuel Lutheran Church is a community of Christi0ans who welcome all people to GATHER in worship, to GROW in God’s Word and grace, and to GO forward in faith to serve others in Jesus’ name. We gather in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.
CELEBRATING THE JOYS OF IMMANUEL
Good healthy conversations and good attendance at the annual meeting. About 15 youth helped to move the food shelf. Meal with a Mission was a huge success with many youths helping out. 12+ youth attended the B.A.Y rally in Brainerd. Our youth and children ministry leaders are doing a great job with engaging our children and youth in positive activities.
This month: Deb Koop Next month: Kevin Martini
Gracious God, open our eyes to see the things that you are already doing in our midst. Surround us with your living presence and fill us with your Holy Spirit and help us to bless those things that you are doing among us in Jesus’ name. Tonight, we pray for…. We pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.
REVIEW & ACCEPTANCE OF FINANCIAL REPORTS FROM JANUARY 2023
Nancy moved and Peter seconded to accept the January financial reports. Motion passed unanimously.
DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS ON THE MINUTES FROM JANUARY 2023
Approved previously by email.
- Committee Reports- Manna for Malawi committee will meet March 12th.
- ERC Update- Amended returns have been filed with the IRS after review of our paperwork by B Johnson Associates. Checks were sent to IRS for overpayment we received. The remaining monies are being held in the special savings account until we are confident the matter is resolved.
- Investment Plan Update- Allocated money was sent to Fidelity and put into a money market fund. The interest is higher than we were getting at the bank. We are waiting to hear back when the money is transferred to the laddered CDs as approved last month.
- Discussion on possible Service Changes- Communion, Passing the plate- Continuing discussion from the annual meeting. We will return to our normal routine of breaking bread for Communion and passing the offering plate. We will continue to use the individual plastic cups for wine and juice. We will also offer people the opportunity to share the peace if they are comfortable with doing so.
- Welcome Bonnie! Bonnie was welcomed as our newest member.
- Church E-Mail Issue- Progress is being made on getting the church email up and running. Marco has been working on the issue.
- Compensation for training new worship coordinator – Karlin has been coming in to train Mavis Lines. Kevin moved, seconded by Peter to pay Karlin up to 20 hours at his previous pay rate. Motion passed unanimously.
- Window Replacement- Nancy moved and seconded by Deb to replace window near the kitchen. After discussion motion was amended to readdress this issue in May. Amended motion passed unanimously.
- Quickbooks discussion- Our QuickBooks subscription needs to be renewed. It was recommended by Deb Etros that we change from two licenses to one license as we only need the program on one computer. Jill Decent has consented to be a backup for payroll on QuickBooks when needed. Kevin moved and Bonnie G. seconded to change to one license for QuickBooks and have Jill be trained on QuickBooks payroll. Motion passed unanimously.
THE LORD’S PRAYER
ADJOURNMENT- Motion by Peter and seconded by Deb to adjourn meeting at 8:15. Motion passed unanimously.
Next meeting set for March 21, 2023, 6:30 p.m.