. . In Monthly Council Minutes . . .
IMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH Council Meeting Minutes Tuesday, 11/17/2020 6:30 p.m.
( x ) Nancy Evans, Box 61 ( x ) Karen Midthun, Box 139
( x ) Casey Kannel, Box 21 ( x ) Peter Nordell, Box 222
( x ) Deb Koop, Box 114 ( x ) Jim Patrick, Box 232
( x ) Kevin Martini, Box 213 ( x ) Sue Schubert, Box 43
( ) Pastor Paul Mattson ( ) Dan Wisniak, Box 230
CALL TO ORDER
ACCEPTANCE OF AGENDA Casey added Office Manager Roles at Church (OB-4), Council openings for 2021 (NB2) and Office Manager Vacation discussion (NB5). Nancy added wage increases (NB3). Deb added CREW discussion (NB4), Jim moved to accept the amended agenda, Peter seconded, motion carried unanimously.
READING OF THE VISION STATEMENT & MISSION STATEMENT
A vibrant, diverse and healthy community of faith where lives are changed by God’s love, given in Jesus Christ; Where people of all ages are invited and challenged to become followers of Jesus Christ in their daily lives; Where real people experience healing, help, hope and harmony.
Immanuel Lutheran Church is a community of Christians who welcome all people to GATHER in worship, to GROW in God’s Word and grace, and to GO forward in faith to serve others in Jesus’ name. We gather in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.
CELEBRATING THE JOYS OF IMMANUEL- Installation of the Befrienders Ministry team, CREW is flourishing, continual giving in support of the church and its mission.
This month: Peter, Next month: Jim
Gracious God, open our eyes to see the things that you are already doing in our midst. Surround us with your living presence and fill us with your Holy Spirit and help us to bless those things that you are doing among us in Jesus’ name. Tonight we pray for…. We pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.
REVIEW & ACCEPTANCE OF FINANCIAL REPORTS FROM SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER- We reviewed the September report. Acceptance tabled until we get clarification on a few items. We do not have the October report.
DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS ON THE MINUTES FROM 10/20/2020- approved via email 10/21/20
1.COMMITTEE REPORTS- Financial team is looking at how to budget with the COVID impact possibly going into at least the first six months of the year.
2.TREE TRIMMING BID DISCUSSION- We received 2 bids for tree trimming at the parsonage and Church, one for over $3000 and one for $700.00 from Tom’s Tree Service. Peter moved to accept the bid from Tom’s Tree Service with 50% of the cost from Parsonage Upkeep and 50% from Repair and Maintenance. Deb seconded; motion passed unanimously.
3. BUDGET DISCUSSION (NOTIFYING EACH DEPARTMENT OF A DEADLINE FOR THEIR BUDGETS)- Pastor Paul will notify each department that their individual budget requests need to be sent to the office the first week of December.
4. OFFICE MANAGER ADDITIONAL ROLES- Brenda suggested that some of the financial secretary roles be shifted to the office manager. Casey moved to accept the adjustments to the Office Manager responsibilities and will notify the personnel committee. Jim seconded; motioned passed unanimously.
1. C-I GRAD BLAST APPEAL- Casey moved to donate $500 to the Grad Blast with money coming out of the general fund. Peter seconded; motion carried unanimously. We will look at having this as a designated fund next year
2. COUNCIL OPENINGS FOR 2021- Three council members are up for re-nomination next year, Casey, Karen and Nancy. Casey will not be seeking another term. Pastor Paul will notify the nominating committee of Susan Buschard, John Klopfleisch and Jill DeCent of the need to fill one position.
3. WAGE INCREASE PROPOSAL- Jim moved that we approve a 2% salary increase to all positions except the custodian (who is new) for 2021. Peter seconded; motion passed unanimously.
4.CREW AND SUNDAY SCHOOL DISCUSSION- CREW has a large following and discussion was had about how to keep these meetings safe for everyone involved. Kevin and Peter will bring ideas of how to adjust to the Youth advisory board. Sunday School may also need to be reviewed as COVID 19 cases surge.
5.OFFICE MANAGER VACATION ACCRUAL- Office manager hours increased from 30-35 hours in July 2019. The vacation accrual was never adjusted. Peter moved that we do a retro accrual of the hours lost from July 2019 to today’s date, to be used by Dec. 31, 2021. Karen seconded, motioned passed unanimously.