. . In Monthly Council Minutes . . .
IMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH Council Meeting Minutes Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 6:30 p.m.
( X ) Nancy Evans, box 61 ( X ) Tom Nixon, box 7
( X ) Bonnie Finnerty, box 36 ( X ) Peter Nordell, box 222
( X ) Deb Koop, box 114 ( X ) Jim Patrick, box 232
( X ) Kevin Martini, box 213 ( X ) Sue Schubert, box 43
( X ) Pastor Paul Mattson ( X ) Dan Wisniak, box 230
CALL TO ORDER
ACCEPTANCE OF AGENDA
Bonnie moved to accept the agenda as is. Dan seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
CELEBRATING THE JOYS OF IMMANUEL
The Christmas appearance of the sanctuary is beautiful and welcoming. The custodial position is resolved. The women’s advent luncheon was small but mighty. The children’s Christmas program was great. We are blessed to have dedicated Sunday School teachers. The Live streaming is up and running.
BOOK STUDY – “Learning to Lead Like Jesus” by Boyd Bailey, Chapter 2:Love
This month: all Next month: Dan Wisniak
REVIEW & ACCEPTANCE OF FINANCIAL REPORTS FROM NOVEMBER
A motion was made by Tom to accept the November financial report. Seconded by Dan. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS ON THE MINUTES FROM NOVEMBER
Approved previously via email.
1. PERSONNEL COMMITTEE ADDITION Bonnie moved that Nancy Heise be approved for a position on the personnel committee. Tom seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
2. OFFICE PHONE UPDATE– Still being studied by office staff.
3. SEPARATION OF CUSTODIAL AND MAINTENANCE POSITIONS – Kaitlin Robinson of “Got it Maid” has started cleaning duties at the church. Maintenance will be completed by Don Imberi when possible or it will be hired out.
4. 2022 PRELIMINARY BUDGET DISCUSSION – Deb Eatros and the budget committee had a preliminary budget ready for review using December 2020 figures to approximate what the year-to-date expenses would be for 2021. The budget projects expenses of $420,891 in 2022, a 7% increase over the 2021 budget. This reflects the 5% salary increase for staff and projected increases for heat (30%) and electricity (12%).
There is a need to build a reserve for computer replacement every five years. No funds have been reserved in the past two years. We have a balance remaining in this category in this year’s budget, so Nancy moved, seconded by Tom, that we move $5000 from the 2021 general fund into a special savings account, “Computer Update,” and that we continue to add $3000 per year until we either have to update the system or the fund reaches $20,000, whichever occurs first. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
Nancy moved, seconded by Peter, that a new special savings account listed as “TKC TWBD” be deleted with the $791.10 directed to “Area of Greatest Need.” It was suggested that for this project to move ahead, the participants should consider a fund raiser or use their existing savings account balance. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
1. COUNCIL OPENINGS – Dan has completed two 3-year terms on council, so his position will be open. Jim has completed one 3-year term, and he would like to step down due to job commitments. Deb has completed one 3-year term and would like to serve for a second term. Pastor Paul will let the nomination committee (Norm Hullinger, John Klopfleisch, Tammy Freeburg) know that there are two 3-year openings on the council.
ADJOURNMENT (8:06 P.M.)
Next meeting set for January 18, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Nancy Evans, council secretary