. . In Monthly Council Minutes . . .
IMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH Council Meeting Minutes Tuesday, 1/19/2021 6:30 p.m.
( X ) Nancy Evans, Box 61 ( X ) Tom Nixon
( X ) Bonnie Finnerty ( ) Peter Nordell, Box 222
( X ) Deb Koop, Box 114 ( ) Jim Patrick, Box 232
( X ) Kevin Martini, Box 213 ( X ) Sue Schubert, Box 43
( X ) Pastor Paul Mattson ( X ) Dan Wisniak, Box 230
CALL TO ORDER
ACCEPTANCE OF AGENDA
Bonnie added “rummage sale” (OB#5), Dan added “council meeting date” (NB#2). Dan moved to accept the amended agenda. Tom seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
CELEBRATING THE JOYS OF IMMANUEL
There were just enough members of the Immanuel congregation who braved the cold on Sunday to allow us to reach a quorum for the annual meeting. The council vice-president did a fine job chairing the meeting. Youth group numbers have been good. The Feb. 16 food truck finally arrived for those waiting in frigid temperatures. The Nixon family is happy to be back at Immanuel.
DEVOTIONS – Chapter 1 from the book “The Post Quarantine Church” by Thom Rainer
This month: Dan Wisniak Next month: Nancy Evans
REVIEW & ACCEPTANCE OF FINANCIAL REPORTS FROM JANUARY
A motion was made by Dan to accept the January financial report. Seconded by Nancy. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS ON THE MINUTES FROM JANUARY
Approved previously via email. Deb will email minutes from Sunday’s annual meeting tomorrow.
1. COMMITTEES – Personnel: Rick Kleinschmidt will let Deb and Nancy from the council know when the committee is going to start discussion on updating the continuing resolution and by-laws.
2. OPENINGS ON FINANCIAL TEAM – Hal Kirchoff and Gordy Jacobson have both retired from this committee. James Freese has spoken to Jim Stolle about the possibility of joining.
3. FINANCIAL SECRETARY/TREASURER DISCUSSION – Three applicants will be interviewed on Friday, Feb. 19. The number of hours per week and the rate of pay will be negotiated with the personnel committee. There will be a special meeting of the council on Sunday, Feb. 21, at 9:45 a.m. to approve hiring the recommended candidate.
4. OPEN COUNCIL POSITIONS – Bonnie Finnerty and Tom Nixon were welcomed as the newest members of the ILC Council. Both are starting 3-year terms.
5. RUMMAGE SALE – The sale will not be held this spring due to Covid. There is the possibility of organizing a fall sale. A firm decision will be announced by July.
1. LIAISON FOR PERSONNEL COMMITTEE – Tabled until the March meeting when we will review all the council liaison positions.
2. COUNCIL MEETING DATE – Discussed moving council meetings back to the second Tuesday of the month as scheduled in previous years, but it was decided to leave them on the third Tuesday so that office staff have more time to complete the financial reports.
Respectfully submitted, Deb Koop, Council Secretary