. . In Monthly Council Minutes . . .
IMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH
Council Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
( X ) Nancy Evans, Box 61 ( X ) Karen Midthun, Box 139
( X ) Casey Kannel, Box 21 ( X ) Peter Nordell, Box 222
( X ) Deb Koop, Box 114 ( X ) Jim Patrick, Box 232
( X ) Kevin Martini, Box 213 ( ) Sue Schubert, Box 43
( X ) Pastor Paul Mattson ( X ) Dan Wisniak, Box 230
CALL TO ORDER
ACCEPTANCE OF AGENDA– Dan added Snow Plowing to New Business (NB3) Casey moved to accept the amended agenda, Dan seconded; motion carried unanimously.
READING OF THE VISION STATEMENT & MISSION STATEMENT
A vibrant, diverse and healthy community of faith where lives are changed by God’s love, given in Jesus Christ; Where people of all ages are invited and challenged to become followers of Jesus Christ in their daily lives; Where real people experience healing, help, hope and harmony.
Immanuel Lutheran Church is a community of Christians who welcome all people to GATHER in worship, to GROW in God’s Word and grace, and to GO forward in faith to serve others in Jesus’ name. We gather in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.
CELEBRATING THE JOYS OF IMMANUEL- Churchyard Band is growing and sounds great. Services are going well. Befriender training was good and 5 more people will be joining this team. Good Youth Crew meeting at the parsonage. Good turnout for the Malawi on August 23. Two Baptisms in one week.
This month: Pastor Paul Next month: Karen
REVIEW & ACCEPTANCE OF FINANCIAL REPORTS FROM MAY-JUNE POSSIBLY MORE: Financial report reviews from May is tabled as there are questions with the new reporting system. No reports to review from June-August.
DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS ON THE MINUTES FROM AUGUST 2020: The minutes were approved through e-mail.
- COMMITTEE REPORTS – Personnel Committee- Brenda Hayes has requested she work with Tom Bedard to be back up and to do the secretarial duties that are needed. The personnel committee will look at the job duties for Brenda and Tom and revise as needed. The custodian position has opened and Devon Ryan will take over the duties until a new custodian is hired. The Worship team met and we will continue worship live, Podcast, You Tube and on radio 88.1FM.
- YOUTH SAFETY DISCUSSION– No Updates this month
- BEFRIENDER DISCUSSION (UPDATING THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE LEADING IT) – Five more people will be added to the team in additional to Pastor Paul, Elaine and Nancy. There will be training the end of September. The September Meal with a Mission will help finance this. Casey moved to use the Undesignated Memorial Funds account to make up the difference in registration costs, Deb seconded; motion passed unanimously.
- YOUTH AND SUNDAY SCHOOL FALL PLANS – We will start with activities outside as much as possible, practice social distancing and re-evaluate as we see how this all works out over time.
- DISCUSSION ABOUT CHANGING COUNCIL MEETING DATE – The Peter made a motion to move the meetings to the 3rd Tuesday of the month, Dan seconded; motion passed unanimously.
- FINANCIAL SECRETERY DISCUSSSION ABOUT CONTRACT VS ON STAFF – Tabled until we meet with Tom next month
- SNOW PLOWING – Dan made a motion to keep the snowplowing company we are currently using, Jim seconded; motion passed unanimously.
THE LORD’S PRAYER
ADJOURNMENT AT 7:55 PM NEXT MEETING SET FOR OCTOBER 20, 2020, AT 6:30 P.M.