. . . In Monthly Council Minutes . . .
IMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH
Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 6:30 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER
ACCEPTANCE OF AGENDA
Nancy added hours for custodian (NB#2). Bob added Soup Kitchen (NB#3). Jim moved to accept the amended agenda. Casey seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
CELEBRATING THE JOYS OF IMMANUEL
Witnessing the enthusiasm of the families and volunteers for Vacation Bible School. Nancy Nyvold has stepped up to lead the Christmas bazaar. Youth Crew gathering was held at the parsonage on July 31.
HOMEWORK – from the book Why Nobody Wants to Go to Church Anymore – chapter 7
This month: Jim Patrick Next month: Dan Wisniak
REVIEW & ACCEPTANCE OF FINANCIAL REPORTS FROM JULY
Nancy moved that we accept the financial report for July. Rick seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS ON THE MINUTES FROM JULY
July minutes were approved previously via email.
1. COMMITTEES – No committee reports.
2. MARCO – On July 31, Brady Knettel, tech advisor, presented Marco’s plan for upgrading our computer system. The plan calls for replacing the seven older Windows 7 computers, installing advanced security on all nine computers, moving to a new, more secure email service, improving the building wireless system by adding five access points, and providing a block of service time. Jim moved to accept the contract with Marco. Dan seconded. Motion passed unanimously. Bob will contact Jason Stawarski at Jim’s electric to request a quote on installing cat 5 wiring for the wifi access points. Nancy will contact Marco to discuss Pastor’s laptop, to find out what is being done with the old computers, and to ask when final payment is due. Bob will arrange a meeting with Sandy Museus to discuss budget lines to use to cover this expense, and he will notify council as to the date/time. Casey and Nancy will meet with the finance team later in the year to request that the technology budget be revised to allow for rollover amounts in order to build up funds for future license renewals and hardware replacements.
3. BOULEVARD – Rick spoke with Justin Bursley with the city of Crosby about replacing sod on the narrow boulevard on 4th St. SW. He advised that we need to decide what product we want to replace the grass with, and then approach the city with that proposal. Issue tabled for now.
4. BUILDING TEAM/FINANCIAL TEAM – These planning teams for the new addition met for the first time on July 30. There were some questions on the scope of the project and the anticipated timeline. Bob will send a response clarifying that we are following the plan brought forward by the feasibility committee that the congregation voted on in June.
1. SNOW BLOWER – A new, easier to manipulate snowblower is needed for our snow removal volunteers. Bob will meet with Don to discuss options.
2. HOURS FOR CUSTODIAN – Nancy has received suggestions that twenty hours a week is not enough time to complete all the duties of the church custodian. She requested that the personnel committee discuss whether this position needs more time added.
3. SOUP KITCHEN – The current soup kitchen team, led by Bob and Pat Neros, will serve their last meal on the final Wednesday in October. This ILC service ministry will come to an end unless someone steps up to take it over. Immanuel will continue to support the soup kitchen monetarily.
THE LORD’S PRAYER
ADJOURNMENT (8:45 P.M.)
Next meeting set for September 10, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.