. . . . in the President’s Corner
During 2018 your council will be working to address various needs of our congre-gation.
The most urgent will be space challenges. With the aid of many committees we will be looking at more efficient use of existing space. The Property Team will be gathering information for possible addition to our building.
We also want to “THANK” the leaders of Sunday School and Crew. They are moving forward and are “APPRECIATED”.
If you have questions, ask any of the council members. They will work to answer them in a timely manner.
Bob Neros, Council President
. . . In Monthly Council Minutes . . .
Immanuel Lutheran Church
June Council Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, June 12th, 2018
I. Call to Order
A. Acceptance of Agenda
To new business, Nancy added executive committee financial meeting discussion summary. Bob added Alzheimer’s funding letter. Rick moved to accept the amended agenda. Casey seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
B. Reading of Mission Statement:
ImmanuelLutheran Church is a community of Christians who welcome all people to GATHER in worship, to GROW in God’s Word and grace, and to GO forward in faith to serve others in Jesus’ name. We gather in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.
C. Celebrating the Joys of Immanuel:
The grounds look much nicer due to the hard work of John and Jeanette Radinovich. The vegetable garden has been planted. Sunday’s appreciation of Sandy and Denny Davis was nice.
D. Devotions/Homework: Perfectly Imperfect Church– “Path 7: Inclusive” discussion
This month: Chris Rudek Next month: Dan Wisniak
Gracious God, open our eyes to see the things that you are already doing in our midst. Surround us with your living presence and fill us with your Holy Spirit and help us to bless those things that you are doing among us in Jesus’ name. Tonight we pray for… We pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.
II. Council Business
A. Review & Acceptance of Financial Reports from May
The executive committee shared information gleaned from a meeting with Gene Lofquist earlier in the day. A motion was made by Chris to accept the May financial report. Seconded by Robyn. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
B. Discussion/Questions on the Minutes from May Previously approved via email.
C. Old Business
1. SOUND PROOF BARRIER AT END OF SANCTUARY – After researching, it is estimated to cost $9000. We will look at other options.
2. SECURITY MONITOR LOCATION – Nick Perpich of Holden Electric is looking at solutions
3. COUNCIL OPENINGS – Chris Rudek announced she is moving from Crosby to Colorado and will be resigning her council position, so we currently have two openings – one male and one female. Possible names were discussed. Pastor Paul will reach out to those suggested.
4. POLICIES & PROCEDURES – There is a need for the council to maintain a log in which items that will re-quire follow-up are documented and resolved. This log should be available to council/congregational view upon request. Either the recording secretary or the vice president should keep this log.
D. New Business
1. BAPTISM POLICY/RECOMMENDATION (PAMPHLET) – Looked over the first draft – Pastor Paul suggested we add a sponsor from the congregation in addition to the sponsor selected by the family.
2. YOUNG ADULT SUMMIT – June 13, 6:00 meal served by council, 6:30-7:30 discussion on “Reaching this genera-tion.” Sandy Davis will plan activities for the children. 9 adults have RSVP-ed.
3. CONGREGATIONAL MEETING – July 22 at 11:30 – Meal with a Mission for VBS had to move to this date – decided to keep the congregational meeting on this date.
4. CAPITAL EXPENDITURE FORM – tabled
5. COMMITTEE REPORTS – Property team: Casey hopes to have received all bids on parsonage siding by the July 10 council meeting.
6. ALZHEIMER’S WALK– Bob read a letter thanking us for our sponsorship. We will handle the check writing differently next year to remove the “fundraising” aspect (Meal with a Mission) cited by the organization.
E. Communion Assistants for April:
Copy assignments and place in Ministry Coordinator office mailbox
9 a.m. 10:30 a.m.
Aug 5 Rick Kleinschmidt Karen Midthun
August 12 Nancy Evans Casey Kannel
August 19 Bob Neros Dan Wisniak
August 26 New Member or Rick Robyn Maki
F. The Lord’s Prayer
Next meeting set for July 10th, 2018 at 6:30 pm