In Monthly Council Minutes . . .
Immanuel Lutheran Church
January Council Meeting
Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 6:30pm
Call to Order
A. Acceptance of Agenda Lydia moved to accept the agenda. Dan seconded. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
B. Reading of Mission Statement:
Immanuel Lutheran Church is a community of Christians who welcome all people to GATHER in worship, to GROW in God’s Word and grace, and to GO forward in faith to serve others in Jesus’ name. We gather in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.
C. Celebrating the Joys of Immanuel: the annual meeting, all the participation that goes on at ILC, enthusiasm at the annual meeting regarding the children and youth of the church, Sunday School back on Sunday.
This month: James Next Month: Homework will be Devotion
E. Homework: The Perfectly Imperfect Church – for March read Section A
Gracious God, open our eyes to see the things that you are already doing in our midst. Surround us with your living presence and fill us with your Holy Spirit and help us to bless those things that you are doing among us in Jesus’ name. Tonight we pray for… We pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.
II. Council Business
A. Review & Acceptance of Financial Reports from January Motion made by Bob and seconded by Chr is for acceptance of the financial reports. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
B. Discussion/Questions on the Minutes from January Approved via email.
C. Old Business
1. Parsonage Projects Update: the furnace is in; the bifold doors are being painted. The tree hanging by the lake should be removed while there is ice on the lake. Motion by Dan to hire Tom’s Tree Service to take care of it at a cost of $300. Second by Lydia. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
2. Church Projects Updates: the sink off the Sanctuary is clogged or frozen. Dick had a plumber working on it.
3. Update on Church Cleaning: James notified ServPro that we will not use their services this year and will get in touch with the Clean Team.
D. New Business
1. Sunday School to start March 5. Sandy Davis is coordinating. James will contact the Personnel Committee. A recommendation should come from them as to her compensation. Rick will be the council liaison to the Personnel Committee.
2. Council Assignments – Liaisons to Congregation Ministries: Lydia will get the list of teams and the council liaison assigned for next meeting.
3. Purchase new coffee carafe for the Fireside Room $39: Nancy Evans requested the purchase of a new coffee carafe. Lydia made a motion to approve. Dan seconded. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
4. FYI – Pastor Mark Holman will be holding the following meetings and discussions:
February 28 at 6:30 – growing our youth and family ministries
May 9 at 6:30 – Adult Education at ILC
Late April/early May – Vision to Action event for growing our ministry for youth and family
5. Norm Hullinger worked 25 hours in a two week period while Don Imberi was out. He does not want compensation. Motion by Dan to pick up a couple gift cards for restaurants. Second by Chris. Motion passed by unanimous vote. A big thank you to Norm for stepping up and helping out.
6. Judy Kirchoff has a request to modify her 1099 situation. Tabled until next month for more time to look into further.